Supporting programs, events and activities that have broad benefit to the startup community.
Grants of between $20,000 and $500,000 are available to fund eligible activity with a maximum project duration of three years. Matched funding requirements will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Specific calls for proposals may be invited at any time by the Department for Industry, Innovation and Science to address specific priorities or seek comprehensive proposals that address a number of initiatives.
Funding may support activity that:
- attracts high calibre experts to serve as entrepreneurs-in-residence
- attracts accelerator/incubator support funding from the Commonwealth Government and/or the private sector
- facilitates startup delegations to visit key investor or customer markets
- raises awareness of startup investment amongst angel investment groups
- strengthens entrepreneurship learning and development
- allows South Australia to host nationally significant conferences that recognise and showcase the work of startups, entrepreneurs and future industries
grows regional startup communities.
You are encouraged to contact a Business Development Office from the Department for Industry, Innovation and Science to discuss your proposal before commencing an application.
Research and Innovation Fund
The Innovation Ecosystem is part of the Research and Innovation Fund which support businesses, entrepreneurs, researchers with funding to accelerate their progress to market.
The Research and Innovation Fund also includes the Seed-Start program which equips innovative, early-stage South Australian startups with grant funding to support the commercialisation of an innovative product or service