Delivering sustainable economic growth and a resilient economy through the development of innovative and productive businesses and industries.
- Grow creative, innovative and productive industries and businesses
- Improve the state’s industrial capability and capacity
- Develop a high performing research and innovation system
- Support industry to get the skilled workforce it needs
- A high performing, collaborative, agile and innovative organisational culture
- grow creative, innovative and productive industries and businesses
- improve the state’s industrial capability and capacity
- develop a high performing research and innovation system
- support industry to get the skilled workforce it needs
- a high performing, collaborative, agile and innovative organisational culture.
Delivering state-wide priorities including:
- A comprehensive Roadmap to transition our state to a green economy and to maximise the economic benefit
- An Action Plan and Strategy for the state’s manufacturing sector, developing, and growing globally competitive businesses
- A Small Business Strategy to support capability building and growth
- Workforce development plans to support the hydrogen and defence industries, including targeted regional development and growth
- Programs to support skilled migration and attracting global talent
- Responsibility for creative industries and its broad ecosystem, with a mandate to increase contribution to
- South Australia’s cultural diversity, social inclusion, environmental sustainability, and technological advancement.
Read more about the Ministers for the Department for Industry, Innovation and Science.
Leadership and people
Learn more about the department's Executive Leadership Team and organisational structure.
View and download the department's Organisational Chart.
Access reports, statements, publications, Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives and more.